Sometimes a tooth gets stuck in the jaw and needs help moving into the proper place. When this happens, a simple gum procedure will open up space for the tooth.
Why do I need this?
- This type of treatment is urgent because if left, the tooth can start to affect the roots of nearby teeth and can cause an infection.
- It brings the tooth down into position so that it can function normally.
- It helps create an ideal bite.
How does it work?
- A small chain attaches the tooth to the braces, or another appliance.
- If there is a baby tooth, it can be removed at the same time.
- Slight pressure in the right direction slowly brings the tooth into place.