It’s extremely important that you wear your retainer as directed so that your teeth don’t shift. If they break or get lost, call our office immediately.
- Your appliance is working when it’s in your mouth, so it’s important to wear them as directed.
- Remove your appliance when you’re eating and brushing, and playing any sports.
- Brush your teeth AND the appliance twice per day. You can use a small amount of toothpaste and your toothbrush to clean it.
- You can purchase retainer cleaning crystals in the toothbrush aisle of your grocery store. Soaking your appliance once per week will keep it fresh and clean.
- Always keep it in your case. Otherwise, appliances are often lost, broken or even eaten by pets.